Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Post 31!!

This is it.

My final post for the July 2012 Ultimate Blog Challenge. I did it!! 31 posts in 31 days.

The challenge builds discipline. It also introduces you to other bloggers and leads you to blogs you might not otherwise see. It's a great experience.

One piece of advice I would give to anyone who tries the challenge in the future is this:

Don't just get your posts done. Make it a point to read and comment on other blogs. You'll meet many interesting people.


I had planned as part of the challenge this time to read and comment on at least two blogs a day. I didn't manage it everyday. Now and then I got to four or five blogs. I learned a lot and was touched by many stories, both humorous and sad.

As a side benefit, the more blogs I commented on, the more readers I got.

I recommend the challenge to any blogger. Just remember: the more you put in, the more you get out. :)


Have a blessed day!!

5 comments:

  1. You give good advice. For myself, I'd been posting daily for a couple of months, so the interaction was more what I was looking for in the challenge and it was better than I could've hoped.

    Congrats on completing, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've enjoyed your blog as well and will keep following it. Glad you enjoyed the challenge.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on meeting the challenge. I met my original goal for it, as well. And while I enjoyed meeting folks, I also learned that daily blogging isn't for me.
    You are absolutely right, though - the more you put in, the more you get out of it.
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it is for me either on a permanent basis, but it was fun for a month.

      Congratulations on meeting your goal!

      Delete