Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4


It's been an interesting fourth. Missed the parade. Concert rained out. Might happen tomorrow. Ah, well. The fact is, we celebrate the birthday of a free nation. The trappings are secondary.

My favorite patriotic song is The Battle Hymn of the Republic. I'm not sure why exactly. This one seems a little .... deeper? stronger? more real? than many others. Though I must say I enjoy God Bless America, America the Beautiful and many others.

Here is a performance of the Battle Hymn. I chose this one, because it is sung by the army chorus and I want to support our soldiers. May they all be home soon and may we enjoy a time of peace.




What is your favorite national song?

Happy birthday, America.



This is my fourth post for the July Ultimate Blog Challenge. I am going for 31 posts in 31 days. Four for four so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment