Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Making Disciples

I am in school again. Right now my class is reading the book Traveling Together: A Guide for Disciple Forming Congregations by Jeffrey D. Jones.

This isn't going to be a review of the book, though I do recommend it.

What I want to talk about is how God puts resources we need in our paths. This year at CYC we are focusing on the great commission
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
So a book on disciple making is very appropriate for me just now. Not only that, but we are putting this theme verse in a "traveling" context. Our theme is GPS: God's Positioning System.



This year, too, I am more mindful of the conference's purpose as a disciple-making community so the book is doubly appropriate.


This isn't the first year this has happened. I remember at least three other years when a theme-related book came to me from a source unrelated to the conference and gave me ideas.

When has God provided you with just the right resource?



This is my 28th post for the Ultimate Blog Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. God's provisions are always right on time.

    I like verse 20 in the KJV, "and Lo (low) I will be with you always" just means man is not supposed to fly... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happens to me all the time. I find God groups resources/messages around a certain topic when He really wants to hammer it home. :)

    ReplyDelete