Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Iced Teas

I have been preparing iced tea lately, it being rather refreshing in these hot days. Rather than just drink it plain, I've been trying out some different flavors. Here are two of my more successful "recipes".


Mint Iced Tea

4  orange and black decaffienated tea bags
2 Bigelow Mint Medley tea bags
1 gallon of water
1 pound ice


In a large saucepan, place the tea bags and water. Bring to a rolling boil and boil for one minute.

Take pan off heat. Add ice. Let sit for 10 minutes. Remove tea bags. Refrigerate.
Add sweetener to taste. I like this one unsweetened.


Calming Iced Tea

5 orange and black decaffienated tea bags
1 tea bag of Yogi Calming tea
1 gallon of water
1 pound ice


In a large saucepan, place the tea bags and water. Bring to a rolling boil.

Take pan off heat. Add ice. Let sit for 10 minutes. Remove tea bags. Refrigerate.
Add sweetener to taste. I find this one best with a half teaspoon of sugar per glass.


What are your favorite iced teas?



Have a blessed day!



This is my 16th post for the Ultimate Blog Challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment