Saturday, July 7, 2012

Getting it Done.

I haven't gotten a bit behind on the Ultimate Blog Challenge. Because I have been trying to live by the maxim "A stitch in time saves nine" I will be posting double today.

Why a stitch in time? It's an old -fashioned proverb for sure. But it has been stuck in my head.

I have been noticing how things can pile up. Seriously pile up. And then it becomes overwhelming. So I have been trying not to let that happen. As soon as I notice I am getting behind, I take action. For instance, if I see a room getting messy, I clean it up. That's the plan anyway. We'll see how it goes.

One of my CYC friends accomplishes a huge amount. Parent, full time teacher, full time graduate student, ministry volunteer. It's very impressive. Sometimes she's asked how she does it. This is what she told us:

"Every day I do it. Every day, I get online and work on my courses, every day I prepare lessons. Every day."

In other words, she doesn't let things get behind. I am going to try to emulate her.


How about you? How do you keep up?


No comments:

Post a Comment