Monday, July 9, 2012

New Cookies

Recently my brother's girlfriend brought Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies to my house. They were yummy. Here's a link to that recipe if you are interested.

Oreo -Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies


My husband doesn't eat chocolate unless it is fair trade, but he was kind of intrigued by those cookies. So, for an anniversary gift (today's our 18th) I decided to try to make a similar cookie that he would want to eat. Here's my recipe.


  • 1 cup plus two tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 /2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup Hershey's cinnamon chips
1 package vanilla creme cookies

Cream the butter and sugars together. Add egg and orange extract. Beat. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Add cinnamon chips.

For each cookie put one spoonful of dough on cookie sheet, place a vanilla creme cookie on top, and cover with another spoonful of dough. Leave plenty of room between cookies as they expand quite a lot. Bake at 375 degrees F for 11-13 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on sheet and then move to a wire rack until thoroughly cool. Makes 6 cookies.

They weren't too hard to do and they look and smell good. We'll see how my husband likes them. 

What new recipes have you tried lately?





For the whys and wherefors of my husband's choice not to eat regular chocolate, check out Slavery: A Global Investigation.

This is my ninth post (all caught up!) in the Ultimate Blog Challenge. I'm going for 31 blogs in July,

No comments:

Post a Comment