Friday, October 12, 2012

Abundance


There is a frost warning in our area for tonight so today we harvested our garden. We added more than a dozen nasturtium flowers to our salad at lunch and I hung up some basil and marjoram to dry.

It was the tomatoes, though, that shocked me. 

We have one tomato plant. It is a big one, having spread out late in the summer. Today, it still had some flower buds alongside some green and some ripe tomatoes. There were some rotten tomatos, too. 

I picked a large colander full of cherry tomatos and kept picking. In the end, the colander was overflowing and I had sent bags of tomatos home with the chess Moms visiting my house. I was overwhelmed by a sense of God's provision. 

"A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap." -- Luke 6:38



When have you found God to provide in abundance?


My blog site is currently a "work in progress." I am playing with the look, reducing the amount of advertising and consolidating the labels so that things are easier to find. Comments and suggestions welcome. Look for changes over the next few weeks.


This is my twelfth post for the October 2012 Ultimate Blog Challenge. I'm trying for 31 posts in 31 days, plus commenting on two posts by other people every day. (This has been the longest I have stayed on track in any UBC I have attempted!!)

4 comments:

  1. Most of the abundance I notice on a regular basis is in the area of inspiration. Take this blog challenge for instance. It has been easy for me to come up with subjects and keep on track while at the same time making my book in progress even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiration is a real blessing. I have also found the blog challenge to be helpful. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete