Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tragedy in Norway

85 teenagers were killed at camp in Norway.

It seems so...senseless, horrible. What are the words?

I work at a youth camp, so this hits close to home. I feel really stricken.
I just cannot imagine what it would be like to be a leader at the camp and have to make those calls. My heart goes out to everyone who was there and to every family member.

At first, Muslim terrorists were blamed. And, then, come to find out the man arrested for the shootings identified himself as a conservative Christian on his Facebook page. Apparently had right-wing political leanings, too.

First off, that shows us we shouldn't just jump at our favorite targets. Wait for the facts.

Secondly, I think it's pretty clear this man wasn't really a Christian. Christ would not condone such behavior.

But back to my main point. I am sickened by this.

Please join me in praying for all the victim's, their families, their friends and the organization that was attacked (which I know nothing about.)

God, grant us peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment