Monday, July 11, 2011

I have a TV?

Well, I am officially a TV owner. We made the decision yesterday to keep one of Mom’s TVs. Now, before you have a heart attack on me, assuming you have known me for more than ten minutes, let me explain something. This TV isn’t hooked up to cable and we don’t have satellite or even a converter box. We get no channels. So this TV is essentially a video player. Also, we stuck it in the corner of the room and intentionally set up the room so the TV isn’t the focus. We are trying to think of a way to cover it, too. Videos will still be rare treats. So I haven’t gone complete counter to my previous way of doing things.

Still, we have moved from the 2% of the population that go TV free to the 98% that own at least one. (If you are looking for a TV we do have one to set loose.) Despite all of our efforts, for the moment it feels like the screen dominates the room. Perhaps that perception will fade with time. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment