Monday, July 11, 2011

Someone rejected this color...

I like the new color of my living room. Really like it. Of course, it was expertly applied by my brother-in-law over brand new plaster walls supplied as housewarming gift from my siblings. So it looks good.

I was thinking today, that somebody rejected that color. It’s true. We found it on the mistint rack. Which means we got to pick it up cheap – really cheap. And it’s beautiful. A gorgeous blue in a good brand. I feel so blessed that we got it!

But somebody else rejected it. That makes me think of a few things.

First of all, Christ is described in scripture as “the stone the builders rejected [that] has become the chief cornerstone.” Christ was despised by men, particularly many of the chief priests and Pharisees. He’s still despised by many. Or ignored. But He is the Chief Cornerstone. The most important thing.

Another thing I think of is the stuff we reject in ourselves. One of the counselors at CYC does a devotion which involves her cabin making cement art with broken glass. She talks to them about how God can turn the trash of our lives into something beautiful. All we have to do is surrender.

What about the rejected people of society? God seems them differently than we do. While he lived on earth, Christ spent a lot of time with “tax collectors and sinners.” Can the church take these rejects and find them beautiful? I think so.


Anyway, those are my musings because of my new walls….. your thoughts?


Have a great day!


CYC (Christian Youth Conference) at Ocean Park is an ecumenical conference in southern Maine that meets for two weeks beginning August 7, 2011. All teens who have completed eighth grade and are 14+ are welcome. It’s a truly life-changing experience. Check out www.cycop.org for more info.


I am participating in the Ultimate Blog Challenge in July and am trying to keep up. I am writing this on Sunday but will have to post on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment