Saturday, January 26, 2013

Traveling Bug



 I have a bit of an itch to go somewhere. Now-ish.

I’d like to just get in my car, pick a direction and go. Take some clothes and snacks and music along and just drive where the road takes us, find a place to spend the night, and keep going for a few days.

We used to do that. We saw all sorts of unexpected things. It was fun. No real plans, no deadlines.

We stopped doing it after Jordan came along. At first, it didn’t seem to be a good way to vacation with a baby – sometimes you end up sleeping in the car – and then we just never got back to it.

I’ve decided I want to try it again.


Now, when is my next free weekend…………..






What’s your favorite way to travel?





I am participating in the January 2013 Ultimate Blog Challenge. 




4 comments:

  1. Funny, I want to start camping again. I got out of the habit of roughing it in a tent when I grew up, but I miss the closeness to nature. Your non-plan plan sounds like great fun too! Which direction are you going to travel first when you start out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. Maybe we'll flip a coin. I love camping. My husband, not so much. But maybe I can talk him into it sometime.

      Delete
  2. Amazing! I'd love to try that. We often "take the back roads" to a destination, but that is as adventurous as we get. I'd love to try a non-destination vacation.

    ReplyDelete