Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Beautiful Pattern

Knitting patterns abound: simple patterns, complex patterns, basic patterns, beautiful patterns. Patterns guide our work as we create hats, scarves, blankets, sweaters and the myriad of other projects we stitch together.

God knows all about patterns. Check out Exodus 25.   Those instructions to the craftsmen, artists and builders are pretty specific.

God used a pattern when He made us, too: His own image. He wanted each of us to be like Him, to be able to love Him and become part of His family.

I believe He has a more specific pattern for each of us, too. As He knit us together in the womb, He used a distinct design, stitching in gifts, talents, interests and dreams. He crafted each of us to be who He wants us to be.

And each and every pattern, for each unique human, is beautiful.


That's something to praise God for!




13 For You created my inmost being;
    You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    Your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in Your book
    before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are Your thoughts,[a] God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand
    when I awake, I am still with You.

                         Psalm 139:13-18


So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.
                   Genesis 1:27

 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. 
                                  Genesis 1:31




I am seriously considering writing a devotional for Christian knitting circles and individual knitters. I would appreciate feedback.

I am also participating in the January 2013 Ultimate Blog Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Very encouraging and inspiring. God bless You, I really needed to hear this message today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister!

    Very inspiring, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely put. The verses are pretty, although a little outside my understanding. But I appreciate beautiful words regardless of where they came from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela. There is a lot of beauty in the poetry of the Psalms.

      Delete