Monday, September 10, 2012

World Suicide Prevention Awareness Day

September 10, 2012 is World Suicide Prevention Day.

I am no expert on suicide or how to deal with it.

I do see suicide -- in all its forms -- as a tragedy. I am going to commit to educate myself a little more on this difficult topic.

Here's a link that provides information on what to do if someone you know needs help because they are feeling suicidal. It also provides links to a wealth of other information.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline


One thing to keep in mind is this:

Always take threats of suicide seriously. Always seek help.

Suicide is completed by people of a variety of ages (including children) and in a variety of circumstances. Remember that people who look like they are doing well might actually not be.

And, remember, prayer is always a good idea.




2 comments:

  1. My former Admin Assistant committed suicide this summer. I still think of her often and wish there was something I could have done. It was sudden and not long after I gave her a reference for a job she was very interested in.
    So sad.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad. There's often nothing we personally can do.

    ReplyDelete