Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Prayer for the Sinful and the Judgemental

This prayer is a follow-up to my previous post "A Reflection on Jesus and a Caught Woman"


Dear God,

When I want to judge, remind me of your words:

                                           "Let the one who is without sin cast the first stone."

Let me remember that, you have said:

                          “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others,
                           you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Help me to know that I am far from perfect and that by your yardstick, if I call someone a fool, I am in danger of hell.

Help me to know your grace as well, for myself and for others. Remind me that you do not condemn me (or any who follow you) but you do require that we leave sin behind.

Guide us and teach us, oh Lord.

May your grace and love abound.

In Jesus name,
Amen.




What is your prayer right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment