Saturday, May 7, 2011

Water, Clean Water

My shower was too cold last night. Well, it took a while to warm up. As I tried to push my self to get under the water I was feeling rather annoyed. Then I thought to myself. "Melinda, really? I mean come on, this is nothing."


There are places in the world where clean water, never mind hot water, is hard to come by. I know. I've been to some of them. I have been in a place where, after a long, hot, dirty day on a construction site there was no running water in the guest house. None. To get clean enough to want to eat or get in bed we had to shower from our canteens. We got so good we could manage with only a quarter of the water in there.


I've been to places where you had to boil and filter your water before you drank it. It would take hours. And I am complaining about my shower being cool? Maybe it's time for a trip to Haiti.


I have heard of places where you have to walk miles to get clean water -- or walk miles to get water so you can make it clean. Some places I have heard of you have to buy clean water. Well, you buy it if you can afford it. Some people can't. Like orphans. My friend Keri is right now trying to raise money to provide clean water dispensers -- and water to put in them -- for one orphanage. Those kids don't have any water to drink. Pop over to her blog Creating my Own Little Nirvana to find out how you can help. If you want to go further, look into hosting an orphan from Russia this summer. You can learn about that on Keri's blog, too.


Please pray for people around the world who don't have access to clean water. And while your at it, pray for me that I will remember to be grateful that water comes out of my showerhead, regardless of it's temperature.

Thanks

And have a blessed day!

1 comment: