Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pantry Challenge: One Week Down

A week ago, I explained that I am participating in an April Pantry Challenge: Buying only perishable items to give my pantry a spring cleaning and save a bit of money.


Look at my earlier post: Pantry Challenge for details of how it works.




So far, so good.


I am within budget for the first two-week segment, although I am down to a little over $12 for perishable items if I am to stay within that goal. I have stuff on hand, though, and we are away for the weekend, so I may be able to pull it off. If not, perhaps I will take a little from next segment.


I have spent less than $20 from the "Treats & Meals on the Road" budget line. I am trying to keep $75 for the trip.


I haven't bought any pantry items and have used up bits and bobs - I am down to one packet of frozen vegetables and have only a little barley left.


There is still plenty of rice (white and brown), pasta, flax seed, etc. We still have two boxes of cereal, too.

So all in all, this is working out fine.


What are you challenging yourself with right now?  How's it going?

No comments:

Post a Comment