Sunday, May 19, 2013

Song for Sunday: Deep

One of our Christian Youth Conference at Ocean Park faculty members stood up during worship at a recent meeting of Baptist churches in Massachusetts. "I love this song and I made the mistake of teaching it to CYC and now we always sing it." 

Her resonant voice began the spiritual: "Deep, way down deep...." The congregation joined in with the CYCers at the back of the room adding some extra energy to one of their favorite songs. Just as if they were at the Dining Hall up in Maine, they banged the tables when they sang the word "deep" in the chorus. The rest of the congregation sang and clapped along. 

So today's Song for Sunday is this song. We worship with it, having fun at the same time. It is a song that has brought us joy.

Deep, way down 
Deep, way down 
Deep down in my soul

Deep, way down 
Deep, way down 
Deep down in my soul

(call) I've got the love 
(response) I've got the love of Jesus 
call) I've got the love 
(response) I've got the love of Jesus 
call) I've got the love 
(response) I've got the love of Jesus 
And it's deep down in my soul


(Repeat, replacing "love" with joy, then peace, then hope and sing a final verse using each one of those with the chorus between each verse.)

What song brings you excitement and energy?

*********************************************************************************

"If you aren't sending your teens to the Christian Youth Conference, you should be." ~Rev. Steve Youd,
Director of World Mission Support, The American Baptist Churches of Massachusetts. Check out this amazing two week leadership development program for teens here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melinda.

    I just heard of a song that may not necessarily make me excited but had a big impact on me this week: Clouds by Zach Sobiech Here is a wonderful video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HtCXgo4fvU

    The story behind it is unbelievably amazing and very moving. You can check out the story on here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NjKgV65fpo

    Thanks for sharing.

    Lynn Spiro
    www.lynnspiro.com
    Professional Organizing for your Home & Business

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a story! I had tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing it.

      Delete