Monday, January 3, 2011

The Ninth Day of Christmas

So today our family reads Matthew 2:9 about the Wise Men's actions after they spoke with Herod:

"After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was."

(For the whole passage, go to: Matthew 2:1-12)


What strikes me about this passage is that the Wise Men didn't need directions. Herod had sent them to Bethlehem but God led them right to the spot. He used a method they would comprehend and look for, too. The star that had brought them to Jerusalem returned.

God "spoke" and they listened and understood.


I am afraid I am not as attentive as the Wise Men, not as attentive as I should be. There are times when I wish God would make his will clearer and direct me in a more definite way. But I wonder if it is just that I have not learned to listen properly.


Has God sent you any "stars" lately?


Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment