Sunday, December 19, 2010

Worshipping "alone"

My son went to a different church this morning, with his Dad. I attended our home church.


Everybody...and I mean everybody...asked where he was. It's amazing how a child is so noticeable when there are few children around.

I had more opportunities to chat with people today, to catch up on people who are ill or traveling and to give information on my mother. I had more time to pay attention to the needs of the elderly around me -- to carry things, to help someone find their copy of a hymn.

While I would rather worship with my son most of the time, I am glad I had this chance on "home territory" to look about me. Now that I have seen more ways where I can be helpful to my fellow worshippers I can direct myself and Jordan to attend to these things. And we can be more a part of the life of the church family.

Not that we aren't active -- we are. But this will allow us a little more of give and take in the service. And that is blessing.

Merry Chrismas!

No comments:

Post a Comment