Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Song for Sunday (belated) Arise, Shine (Darkness Like a Shroud)

“Arise, shine, for your light has come,
    and the glory of the Lord rises upon you."
                                                                ~Isaiah 60:1 

I have always loved Isaiah 60:1. I titled a sunrise photograph after it once. It's an encouraging verse. 

Graham Kendrick, contemporary Christian music writer and performer, wrote a song based on this verse. We sang it Sunday, the ninth day of Christmas, at our New Year's prayer meeting and the words struck me. Perhaps it's because I love that verse. Perhaps it's because sometimes it feels like the world really is shrouded in darkness with terrorist attacks, the takeover of government buildings, earthquakes in places where I know people, and a multiplicity of funerals. This song reminds us of hope and the light of Christ, which came at Christmas. 

So, I offer it for this week's Song for Sunday. Here's a link:



What songs bring you hope in times of darkness?

 





No comments:

Post a Comment