Monday, February 3, 2014

Song for Sunday (belated): I Stand In Awe of You

I began thinking about what worship is and how we are to relate to Jesus this weekend and this old song, which I haven't thought of in years came to mind.....


















You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful of comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp you infinite wisdom
Who can fathom the depth of your love
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above



And I stand, I stand in awe of you
I stand, I stand in awe of you
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of you.


                           ~Bob Fitts








Awe is only one aspect of how we should view the Lord, but it is the one that is on my mind just now.


What's on yours? What song goes with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment