Saturday, October 6, 2012

Asbestos

Recently, I have had cause to research asbestos. I thought I would share some of my findings here.

Asbestos is a naturally occuring substance and all of us will come into contact with it sometimes. There are times when extra care should be taken. There is a lot of asbestos in old buildings. No problem, if it is intact, but loose asbestos is dangerous, so fix things that are broken.

I am no expert, so primarily, I am going to share links. Here you go:


National Cancer Institute

Asbestos Fact Sheet

Work Place Protection


Asbestos causes cancer and serious lung ailments and should be taken seriously.

Do you have any tips for preventing cancer?








My blog site is currently a "work in progress." I am playing with the look, reducing the amount of advertising and consolidating the labels so that things are easier to find. Comments and suggestions welcome. Look for changes over the next few weeks.

This is my sixth post for the October 2012 Ultimate Blog Challenge. I'm trying for 31 posts in 31 days, plus commenting on two posts by other people every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment