Thursday, October 4, 2012

An Ancient Prayer

I came across this prayer, which fits the theme of some of my recent faith-based blogs. I hope that you find it a blessing and a help.

Prayer
Grant me, O Lord, to know what I ought to know,
To love what I ought to love,
To praise what delights thee most,
To value what is precious in thy sight,
To hate what is offensive to thee.
Do not suffer me to judge according to the sight of my eyes,
Nor to pass sentence according to the hearing of the ears of ignorant men;
But to discern with a true judgment between things visible and spiritual,
And above all, always to inquire what is the good pleasure of thy will.

                                                 
                                                              ~Thomas a Kempis (1380-1471)


Do you have a favorite prayer?



My blog site is currently a "work in progress." I am playing with the look, reducing the amount of advertising and consilidating the labels so that things are easier to find. Comments and suggestions welcome. Look for changes over the next few weeks.

This is my third post for the October 2012 Ultimate Blog Challenge. I'm trying for 31 posts in 31 days, plus commenting on two posts by other people every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment