Friday, May 27, 2016

Meme-ic Monday: Creator and Creation



My first response to the images here: they break my heart. Such beautiful animals, the victims of human thoughtlessness and slobbery.

My first response to the words: How dare they accuse me of not caring for the environment?

Hold it!  Deep breath. Let’s not be defensive. After all, while you can search my blog and find ways I care about the ecological issues, I don’t have a perfect record. And when it comes right down to it, I do care more about the One who made the earth than about the earth itself. A creator is greater than a creation. From my perspective, there wouldn’t be an earth without the Creator.

But then there is this – which is more important for the Christian, arguing about who created the earth or taking care of the gift the Creator has given? Or is that even the question to ask?

We are all commanded to witness to God – his existence, his love, his sovereignty.

We are all also reminded that the earth and everything in it is the Lord’s and we are to care for it.

So maybe there is a question of call. While we are called to witness, not all of us are called to be apologists, preachers, or evangelists.

We are all called to care for the earth God has gifted us with, but not all of us are called to be environmental activists or advocates.

Then again some of us are called to each of those things, and the priority will be based on call.

Be that as it may, no Christian should be forgetting that God is creator and no Christian should be trashing the earth.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


On Monday's I react to memes. If you see one you want me to react to, send it to me. 

At CYC, we cultivate an active enjoyment and stewardship of God’s creation and a respect for the beauty of God’s world. Send your high schoolers to live and learn with us this August!  For more information, click here. 

1 comment:

  1. We all have to stand before God on judgment day and he will remember our deeds.

    ReplyDelete