Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Chocolate-Drizzled



I enjoy chocolate. So much so that I will go out of my way to get it. Some days I feel I simply must have it.

When I say I enjoy chocolate, I mean sweetened chocolate of course. Chocolate on it’s own tests terrible. Really terrible. I gave a taste of baker’s chocolate to the kids once during a unit study on chocolate. The looks on their faces were of sheer disgust. Can’t say I blame them.

One day recently I found that the only chocolate in the house was a tin of unsweetened cocoa powder. I really wanted some chocolate so it was time to get innovative. It actually took a few days to perfect this recipe but the result is quick, easy and very chocolatey.

Grease a loaf pan and fill with about 4 cups of flaky cereal, such as Special K. Cheerios might work, too.  Set aside.

Melt a stick of butter over low heat.
Stir in:

3        Tablespoons of granulated sugar
  Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder

Cook for about one minute until ingredients are well blended. Pour mixture over cereal. Refrigerate for 30- 60 minutes.

Enjoy.


We found it delicious. Let me know how you like it.

What’s your favorite chocolate recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment